Words to live by!

Ruby from Cold Mountain: "They call this war a cloud over the land. But they made the weather and then they stand in the rain and say 'Shit, it's raining!'"

Thursday, July 8, 2010

It might just take a miracle...

For everyone in my house to sleep through the night. I'm awake at nearly four while everyone else is snoring. But I'm not up because of the snoring! I am up still thinking about the dream I just had, although I wish I weren't! In my dream, my childhood best friend, Jessie, and I were shopping for burritos (? I don't really even care for burritos !?) in south Alabama at the exit where we used to meet every summer. See, we'd stayed in touch from the third grade all the way through my first year of college. We had a small gap of about four years in between my Judson years and now, but for the most part, we've been friends all of our lives. Anyhoo, we were at the Brewton exit off I-65, which is about midway from Prattville to Navarre Beach, Florida. And so we were at our familiar meeting place searching for the perfect burrito. We made a pact, even shook hands on it, that we would not stop searching for this ideal burrito, no matter how far we had to go, no matter what the cost. Jessie suggested that I bring my Anatomy and Physiology homework because she thought it might be a while--she was very particular about her burritos. So Jessie and I set out on a cross-country burrito bounty hunt. We stopped at every state and had a stranger quiz us with flashcards. And then we found the perfect burrito in Idaho, of all places, but our stranger would not give it to us until we'd given the correct definition for Simple Cuboidal Epithelial tissue. We ended up snatching our burrito and running away from the stranger, who, at this point, was getting pretty ticked that we couldn't give him the right answer! Then we were reported for stealing the burrito and we ended up on the Most Wanted List...

I woke up somewhere after learning someone had tipped off the police on our location!

What a strange, STRANGE dream! I wonder what Freud would have to say about that one?

My child is finally sleeping after having four very difficult nights and I'm awake blogging on my quest for some golden burrito. Yep.

Sweet Dreams! I pray you all find what you are looking for in your dreams! And PS. New Englanders seem to be particularly agressive. According to my burrito dream, anyway. Geeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment